Monoppix is a Live CD Linux distribution (based on Knoppix), which means you pop it in your CD drive, reboot, and you're running Linux. It works without installing a thing on your hard drive - it runs completely off the CD and RAM.
What's on the CD?
- Mono runtime environment, complier and class libraries
- Monodevelop - Mono enabled IDE
- XSP - ASP.NET web server
- GTK# - for desktop applications (sample included)
- MySQL database server
- Quickstarts and Mono walkthroughs and tutorials,
How to get started?
- Download the latest ISO.
- Burn the ISO to a bootable CD.
- Reboot your computer with the mono CD and CDRom boot enabled in your bios.